TOKYO —Japan Airlines (JAL) has opened its newly-renovated Sakura lounge for international flights at Osaka (Kansai) Airport to serve its Muslim and non-Muslim customers.
Located near Gate 37, the updated facilities offer customers a relaxing place to have rest while also serving them halal cuisine.
JAL is operating seven daily flights between Osaka (Kansai) and Honolulu, Bangkok, Shanghai and Taipei, in addition to the latest non-stop flight to Los Angeles.
Redesigned with the concept of “Modern Japanese Style”, the airline said it is dedicated to creating a comfortable environment in its lounges to deliver a message of the “Heart of Japan” and “Japanese Hospitality” to guests.
The new Sakura Lounge boasts up-to date facilities such as:
– Newly designed entrance and interiors
– Seating for 177 guests (excluding seats in private room and massage chairs)
– Smoking room with seats
– Two massage chairs
– Improved amenities like as new baggage storage with electric locks, spacious dining area with extensive table in the middle, enlarged and improved buffet counter, new make-up corner in ladies restroom, more power outlets around each seat, and bigger displays for flight information
Enhanced food offering along with renewal of facilities
– All day offering of two kinds of popular curries. Domestic beef curry developed with a chef of Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport is served (limited offer)
– Freshly prepared salad bar
– Enhanced menu depends on the time of day
– Special dishes cooked at Halal certified kitchen* (Dinner time)
* Not guaranteed as Halal for all ingredients
Leave a Reply