How to behave as a Muslim during the virus outbreak? That is the question that comes to our minds these days again and again. All of us are worried about the health of ourselves as well as that of our loved ones. That is important for us all. Here are some of the things which come to my mind while thinking about this issue these days.
- Take extreme precautions by following the instructions given by the World Health Organization and authentic health experts in your country so that the virus does not spread due to you and/or others. Strictly follow the social distancing rule in your life. Follow the rules envisaged by the local authorities to control the pandemic in your area or country.
- Turn to Allah, think about His extreme powers and repent on the sins you committed during your life time. Indeed, He is the ONLY ONE WHO can save us from this disease.
- Spread the message of Allah and Islam in whatever capacity you can. Talk to your non-Muslim friends about the powers of Allah and why they need to believe in Him as the only Creator of this world and all the worlds and the creations we do not know yet.
- Spend your isolation time to get closer to Allah. Learn the Quran. Learn the Hadith. Study the Arabic language. Learn things important for your personal and professional life.
- Do not listen to fake news and conspiracy theories spread on social media and other fake news channels.
- Eat healthy food to improve your immunity and those in your family
- Help the poor in your vicinity. Donate to the charities which are actively taking care of the poor in different parts of the world. Believe me, that is THE BEST investment you could make to save yourself from the wrath and anger of Allah on the Day of Judgement.
What else comes to your mind while thinking and experiencing this epidemic in your life? We would love to hear from you.