The worldwide Muslim travel is getting bigger and bigger day in and day out. Muslim travellers have become more affluent, more quality conscious, and they want to explore the world with their own eyes. The hottest destinations in non-Muslim countries have been Spain, Australia, United Kingdom, and New Zealand. All these destinations maker strenuous efforts to lure their Muslim guests. However, Japan has been lagging behind despite all the hue and cry for making it more Muslim friendly.
There are quite a few reasons due to which Japan has been lagging behind to attract more and more Muslim travellers from various countries. Some of the reasons are listed below.
- The local Muslim population is too low for local businesses to make their infrastructure more Muslim-friendly
- Japan is too costly for many Muslim travelers
- The visa procedures have been too stringent up until recently for most of the Muslim countries
- Japanese businesses need to have a better understanding of various Muslim cultures and their respective spending habits to customize their offerings
- Jpanese language has been a huge barriers from people to visit the country as, til now, very few Japanese people understand English and other languages
- Many Japanese business have yet to employ Muslim staff to to cater to the needs of their Muslim guests
- Halal food is not readily available in many parts of the country
- Japanese businesses have to translate their menus in Arabic, Malay, English and other languages to make it easier for Muslim travelers
Please do not hesitatr to share your ideas with us on how to improve the hallafriendlyiness of the country